Just feedback based on my test usage yesterday on my system, hopefully this helps with the movement of the application's development.
System: AMD 5800x - Vega64 (21.1.1 drivers) - K-lite Mega 15.9.5 codec pack - Windows 10 20h2 x64, 3 monitors, main monitor is 1440p144 (10bit, freesync with hdr support).
Test client - Vita Moonlight 0.9.0 on vita1000
Issues seen -
- RTSP 48010 port taken by itself (see bluenote and UkaUka's posts here and on github) - fixed by proposed taskkill method
- Black screen sent if all 3 monitors are active, disconnecting the secondary monitors allowed the stream to be sent. Audio was being sent across correctly despite black screen.
- Resize of monitor doesn't occur right on Steam Bigscreen or desktop, should have an option to choose a resize resolution on connections for the main display to accomodate smaller streams. Currently i need to manually resize the resolution to 720p to get it to work right.
- Some errors in the logs for 10bit colour monitors. I think i got it to work regardless but there might be an issue there. Unknown what will happen if HDR is enabled.
- Maybe some customisable gamepad combination to kill the stream or disconnect cleanly from clientside.
- Some disconnections occurred, unsure what was cause or how to replicate.
- h265 software streamed fine to vita - small latency (1/4-1/2 second on cemu) at 1440p
- h265 amd streams to vita although the latency was much larger than software (1/2-1 second latency from analog movement to visible movement on the screen) at 1440p
- Haven't fully tested h264 methods or customised settings to minimise latency/lag. Haven't tested with monitor resolution at 720p yet.
- No apparent issues with controls being sent across.
- Quality looks excellent on vita screen.